Saturday, September 12, 2009

Jusco is Walmart Minus Evilness

No class today, so I stayed in bed till noon again... I really need to stop doing that. Tori and I wanted to go shopping today for the final things we need for our rooms. So we took the bus to Tsukuba Center around 1 and went to Jusco. I bought another shelf for a pantry sort of thing and Tori bought a plastic dresser. The same one I got for $30. I don't know why plastic drawers are so expensive here. That was the most reasonable one. Another, about the same size as mine and also made of plastic, cost over $100. I don't get it. Anyway, since we both had heavy things we went back to our dorms to drop it off. After thoroughly scrubbing my fridge inside and out, we set out yet again for Jusco as we needed groceries to fill our fridges. We ended up with a lot of groceries, the bags were even heavier than the shelves, and we had to carry them from Jusco to the bus stop, and then from the bus to our dorms. It was not fun.

As soon as we got home, around 6:30, we stuffed the food that needed refrigerating in the fridge and went to meet our tutors who took us to the cell phone place (near Tsukuba Center) where I finally got a cell phone! For a minute, the guy wasn't sure if, again, I had the right documents to get one being a foreigner (ugh, if I'd had to go back a 3rd time, I swear...), but it was fine in the end. The phone itself was free, cause of some special or something, and my plan costs about $36 a month for 2hrs 20min talking time and 200 some texts. Not too bad.

When we got back from getting the phone, around 8, our friends informed us they were going out again, so I had 15min to get ready and leave. Tori didn't want to come, so I met with the California group and some of the Eastern European girls and a few others to go out. We went to Tsukuba Center briefly again (Jusco specifically), so I went there a total of 4 times today o_o I had fun though, but I just got home around 2am, and I missed the shower curfew that I'm constrained under, which is really annoying. The showers are only open 5pm-midnight on weekdays, and 5pm-10pm on weekends. It's really restricting. So now I have to wash my hair in my tiny sink, yay... >_>

Anyway, no pictures today. Shopping tomorrow I think. Then Tokyo on Sunday. I couldn't think of an awesome title today, it's too late, so I used a joke I made before. It's still funny.

1 comment:

  1. yay for a new cell phone!

    lol going to jusco 4 times in one day. that's kinda funny.

    have fun in tokyo!!

    ReplyDelete