Thursday, September 17, 2009

Initiating School Mode in 3... 2... 1...

Well, today was another fairly routine day. So don't expect an epic post tonight either. I only had one class today, kanji. I'm just as behind as I thought I'd be, so I have to learn all the ones I'm supposed to know on my own. Although I suppose kicking my butt is the best way to learn. The teacher was easy to understand at least. I don't really get it, but half of the teachers seem really easy to understand (maybe cause they speak slower or whatever), and the other half I can barely make out a sentence. Kanji class will be alright though, I hope. So long as I'm a little more disciplined in my independent study. I suppose I still haven't really gotten into school mode yet. I think it's the lack of homework.

I have a few homework assignments due this week though, at least. So I worked on them after class. I had to meet my tutor about an hour later. She had to go to an orientation for the tutors, which was all in Japanese and I didn't understand much at all, and I don't think I even really needed to go. I felt obligated though, cause she asked me (and she is sooo nice), and she did sit through all my English orientations where she didn't understand a thing. I did get a chance to talk with her a bit after. It's nice to get a chance to practice speaking Japanese with her.

After we parted I went to Tori's where we ate dinner and studied and watched tv for a few hours. I watched The King of Queens on youtube for the first time in 3 weeks. I miss that show. That was pretty much the extent of my day. Not so exciting I know. Although I did get some real nice shots of the sunset when I was on my way home today. They're pretty awesome if I do say so myself.

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty pictures! Those would look nice in a frame or a shadowbox or something.
    Sorry I wasn't online for a couple of days... I had a retreat for school. Hope you're getting back into the "homework swing"! Talk to you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow you have a very beautiful walk back.

    much better than evil geese poo.

    ReplyDelete