Friday, September 4, 2009

Abuse of Bath Mats

Long day today. I'm just sitting down to write my daily blog post at 1am. This morning, I didn't do anything but read in my bed until about 2:30pm, cause I'm near the end of my book, and everyone knows how hard it is to put a good book down when you're close to the end. We left for our class before I could finish sadly. The teacher never showed up, so we just left. We hunted through secondhand shops for refrigerators and other things for a while with one of the girls from California, Amanda. I got my student ID card afterwards and went to the bookstore to get a bus pass. It was $42, but that's about 8-9 trips to the shopping center, and I've been 4-5 times since I got here. Tori and I explored the bookshop for a bit.

Amanda told us everyone was meeting to go to the Tsukuba Center to eat dinner and shop at Jusco, so Tori and I tagged along too. This is the same group of 12 or so kids from California that we met yesterday, plus a kid from Purdue, and an actual student of this university. I ate at Subway again, cause sandwiches are awesome (turkey again, and cheese this time too, but it wasn't cheddar) and then I bought lots of stuff at Jusco again. I bought a big french baguette first, which I ate more than half of already. I also bought some hangers and a clothing rope (which I tied across my room to hang stuff up), scissors, another pillowcase, another curtain to drape over my rusty, nasty headboard on my bed (ghetto lol), and 6 bath mats and a long kitchen mat. I used all the mats to surround my current rug to basically cover up the entirety of my nasty floor, so I never have to look at it again. I used one of the bath mats as a welcome mat for my shoes outside my door (also ghetto lol). I hope you all like listening to my shopping lists everyday, cause I give detailed accounts.

I also bought another alarm clock, because (as Jill well knows) I need multiple alarms to wake me up :)

There was talk of karaoke tomorrow. I hope that happens.

I got home from shopping around 9:30, and then Tori and I actually studied Japanese, since our placement test is tomorrow. I just got back from that, and I'm sleepy, so this post is going to be rather short. I didn't take any pictures today sadly. Anyway, off to bed...

5 comments:

  1. i will be studying again soon too >.> blehhh

    you ARE going shopping a lot. I'm jealous, we've gone shopping together, like, once! Don't know why we never did that together. There's always next year I spose...

    I'm ALSO jealous of you going karaoke! I won't have anyone to go with for a year, and you KNOW how much I love karaoke-ing (especially with you!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you HAVE to take pictures if you karaoke tomorrow and tell people about on here! it's such a HUGE thing ya know?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. have fun karaokeing if you go..well i guesss, i hope you had fun?

    i'm sorry its going to take a while. it probably shouldn't, but it will.

    ReplyDelete
  4. karaoke is one of the best things ever, in my humble opinion. you always have a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, I can't be calling you at all hours of the day to wake you up now. Actually, I wouldn't mind, but I literally am unable to call. Boo. :P

    ReplyDelete