Saturday, September 19, 2009

Hello? Bread Lovers Anonymous?

Didn't do much today. It was the first day of my 6 day weekend. It was kind of crappy and rainy today too. Tori and I went to Tsukuba Center around 2. I finally found a hat that I think actually looks good on me. Which is great for all those bad hair days. We went to Jusco after that to buy groceries. I bought a lot of bread... of course. A french baguette which is already half gone, more slice bread for breakfast, and some sweet bread/cookie things. Tori found coveted peanut butter in one of the special desert stores (not Jusco). They don't really have peanut butter here anywhere. Or sour cream. It's very rare. I've also given up on eating cereal, because it's really expensive. The box is way smaller, about 2.5 bowls, and about $4. Plus they have a total of 4 cereals to choose from (not joking), and the special k tastes different in a bad way. Plus the milk comes in a carton only, and it leaked all over my fridge. I think I'm getting used to the food here though, noodles and rice suddenly don't seem so bad.

We went to one of the book stores too, cause I stupidly forgot all my English maps of Tokyo and its subway system at home. Thankfully the bookstore had a few bilingual maps so I bought those. Being in Tokyo without a map was rather troublesome. Last time we were fine only cause we were looking for Tokyo Tower, and that's not exactly hard to spot.

We found an actual kimono shop at the mall too. They were beautiful, but a full kimono (all the different pieces of clothing) seemed to cost well over $1000.

We came home after that and watched tv for a few hours. Then we ate dinner (noodles), and decided to watch more tv in lieu of going out to eat with the California people. Which was kind of nice actually cause I just wanted to relax today. Plus eating out is getting expensive. Tori got me into 2 new shows today lol.

We're going to the big mall tomorrow. I need to try and find some sneakers that aren't 4 years old I think. Then Tokyo on Sunday :)

1 comment:

  1. It stinks that you can't get any 'american' food like you're used to or that it's too expensive, but I'm glad you're getting used to the food there :)

    ReplyDelete