Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Would You Like Fried Brain With Your Meal?

I was really tired this morning apparently, because I didn't even wake up till noon. Not I didn't get out of bed till noon, I didn't even wake up till then. I suppose I needed it though. I didn't have class till 3. It's finally starting to cool down a little here. The humidity is no longer unbearable, and I was able to wear pants today. I never though I'd miss the extreme frigidity of OSU's classrooms though, the ones here are so stuffy.

I had my Japanese writing class at 3. It was just as a hard as the last one. I was trying really hard to follow the teacher, but I got lost a few times. And I can't zone out a little and still pay attention while the teacher's speaking the way I can with English courses, because I'm not fluent enough to understand without focusing really hard. My brain is slowly being fried. She went through the list and called names for us to read too, that sucked. There was a lot of kanji I didn't know, and she had to tell me the reading of one of them. For homework we had to pair up with another student and sort of get to know our partner and then write an essay about them. It's due in two days, ugh.

My next class was in English. Introduction to Japanese Studies is what it's called. A basic culture/history/etc class. I knew about most of what she talked about, since I've taken lots of classes like that before. After class the California people and Tori and I went out to dinner at a curry place. I love Japanese curry, but I really can't deal with spicy at all. I had the lowest level, and I still thought it was spicy. It was good though. We went to Mister Donuts after, cause it was right there. I didn't get anything though, it'd probably make me sick. Here's where Jill chimes in and tells me to eat them to fatten up so my pants fit again.

Went home after the donut place. I took a shower and went to Tori's to do homework and study. Although that didn't work out too well cause I couldn't focus and was really sleepy. Still really sleepy, so I'm going to bed soon. I don't have class till noon tomorrow. I have Japanese speaking and then grammar. More brain frying, yay.

1 comment:

  1. The brain frying is a fun time. Sometimes you just need to hear some English to break up all the constant Japanese. Also, Mr. Donuts is win.

    ReplyDelete