Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Another Alarm Clock Conquered

We went to Tokyo again today. It was an awesome start to the day when I woke up an hour late... either my alarm never went off, or I subconciously hit snooze again... I honestly have no memory of ever waking up, but I know I set it... It seems I have conquered yet another alarm clock. I'll have to stop being lazy and set all 4 alarms that I have collected here >_<

We eventually got to Tokyo around noon, and Tori wanted to search for this shrine in Akihabara, which ended up taking 45 min to find cause she wasn't really sure where it was. Thankfully we found it finally. Tori wanted to find some arcade tower from one of the shows we're watching after, so she went there and I watched some street performance with a yo-yo performer and a singer and some more stuff I didn't see cause we left at that point. Stopping quickly to go to the bathroom in a western toilet of course.

Tori started dragging me through shops afterwards, which was about as torturous as me taking her to clothes stores, so I left after a while. I ended up going to Ikebukuro, another area of central Tokyo with lots of shopping. I wondered around for 2hrs or so, stopping here and there. The only thing I bought was a cell phone charm. Wandering around and just exploring was fun.

I went back to Ueno Park after, intending to eat dinner there again. So I bought dinner at the station and walked into the park, only to find the store clerk hadn't given me chopsticks, so I couldn't eat. Another miscommunication. It's so annoying. Sometimes when I speak in Japanese, I feel like they're so surprised they don't even hear me. It was loud in the store though I guess. I need to learn to speak up. I bought two small boxes of food, and I think the clerk had asked if I wanted two pairs of chopsticks. I said "no, just one pair please," but she must've just heard no and nothing else and assumed I didn't want any. I should really just respond to everything with yes...

Tori called while I was in the park, so we decided to meet back at Akihabara Station to head back home. I made it there 20min later, but Tori had gotten lost or something so I got chopsticks from a convenience store and finally ate my food. I think I was in a rather bad mood at this point. Tori showed up after I ate with quite a few purchases, that's what happens when she's left alone in Akihabara. Sorry Rachel, I'm failing D:

We made it back home finally. I showered and then we watched more of our show. 40/61 episodes complete now. We're planning to do nothing again tomorrow, cause I need to study and relax and do laundry and stuff. School starts again on Thursday... and then I have no class Friday so 3 day weekend yay.

A few more pictures today. I didn't take too many, 20 maybe? The rest will be on facebook eventually. For now, I took more pictures of the garbage kitty family, since they were all sleeping in there today together this morning, minus daddy. The mother is a calico, and the dad is a gray tabby. There's four kittens, two orange and two gray (the second gray is hiding in the corner and not pictured). The one gray one that has a picture all to himself looks like Cahoota D: and is named thus (we named them all). The pictures of Tokyo are all of the streets of Ikebukuro.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and your cats... but hey, I noticed something strange! Japanese cats look the same as American ones!
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, there are so many stray cats! unless they are pictures of the same ones, which is possible. but i don't mind because they are adorable!!

    again, awesome pictures!

    sorry, but lol about your chopsticks story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to know all the kitty names!!!!!!!

    And shame on you for leaving TOri to go crazy! You know she can't restrain herself! :P LOLLLLL

    ReplyDelete