Saturday, September 26, 2009

It's like that cause it is...

This post is going to be short cause I need to go to sleep cause I have to wake up at 6:30 tomorrow so we can get to Tokyo Game Show by 10.

No class today cause it's Friday. I didn't do much of anything till 4 when I had to meet the girl I'm tutoring. It went pretty well I think. I wasn't really sure what to expect. In the beginning she asked if I had any English learning textbooks (obviously not), so I hope she doesn't expect me to make lesson plans I guess. I can't really do that, for one cause I have no idea how much she's learned, and cause I don't really know how to teach English. I told her I didn't have experience teaching English and I probably wouldn't be able to explain grammar since it's my native language. How does one explain grammar of their native tongue? The grammar is like that uh... cause it is? I guess she was fine with that cause we're meeting again. Apparently she rejected a Mexican boy before me because he couldn't speak English very well. We ended up just reading a transcript from a movie and I corrected her on her accents, explained idioms, and attempted to explain certain grammar patterns (and failed for the most part). That's really all I can do to help her. I got $15 too :)

Tori and I went to Tsukuba Center afterwards. First to the bank to withdraw my scholarship money, then to The Loft to buy school stuff, and then to Jusco to buy uh... necessary stuff I guess? I got another face towel and a pillow case. Then we came home and ate dinner. Now I need to sleep.

2 comments:

  1. No pictures? :( Well, can't wait to hear about the game show thing. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hazuuuuuuuuuuuu RachelSeptember 26, 2009 at 3:40 AM

    You guys need a Jusco-Frequent-Buyer card, or a Jusco Charge car that gives you money back or something-it's the only place you ever shop :P

    Please restrain Tori a LITTLE tomorrow. She would probably spend ALL her Japan money in one day otherwise ^.^

    ReplyDelete