Saturday, September 5, 2009

Karaoke. Huzzah.

Well today sucked at first, but then it was fun. I had my placement test this afternoon, which went horribly because the test is evil and hard and full of kanji I don't know because OSU's program doesn't believe in teaching us much kanji. So we can't read anything. Each part of the test was severely timed too. I barely finished some parts, and other parts I barely got halfway through. I guessed on a lot. Oh well. Afterwards Tori and I just watched some DVDs for a while, till we left to meet our friends around 7.

We met with all the California kids again. We all tried to go to this okonomiyaki place first for dinner, but they were closed, so we went to a ramen shop instead. It was good, but the bowl was huge, and I couldn't finish all of it.

Then we went to karaoke :) More Japanese students came with us, the tutors of some of the American students. There were 18 or so of us in the karaoke room. It was so much fun. I usually get nervous singing too much, but I was one of the people who sang the most. Without even being drunk. Karaoke with lots of people is awesome, I've never had that much fun doing it before (sorry Rachel :P ). I got to sing my favorite song too, Passion by Utada Hikaru, which the karaoke bar by OSU doesn't have sadly.

Um, we kinda just hung around outside the dorms after 2hrs of karaoke. One of the Japanese students told ghost stories, which weren't that horribly scary really, but I'm still mildly freaked out lol.

And now it's 2am, and I'm still awake. I suppose I'm back to my normal sleeping habits. Er... "normal."

Considering going to Tokyo Sunday. Huzzah.

Pictures today :) One is of the many kitties that live around our dorms and eat our trash. I want to take them home and love them because they're cute, but they're evil and have fleas and stuff boo. Other two are the ramen shop, and the last ones are karaoke. Including Tori rocking out on two microphones and the only picture of me I took that was blurry. Ha, oh well.

5 comments:

  1. The picture of that kitten is so adorable. It was worth the plane ticket now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am firstly jealous of your karaoke outing. Then I am sad that you can only have fun karaokeing and actually SING when you are in japan with a ton of people you don't know. >.>
    I do like the cat pic of course.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't mean that O: Karaoke fun just increases with a lot of people. That and the sound system was a lot better than Momos. I'm getting a lot better at singing in front of people. I wish you could've been there. We sang Linda Linda, and that Missing song. And they had Passion, which was awesome.

    I wish you were here. Our trio is missing our third :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww lol. It really looks like fun. I just noticed too, your microphones were cordless! steppin it up a notch huh? lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. so that cat is adorable! i love cats! too bad that that its got fleas and such :( but its okay, you can love it from afar.

    also, i admire you. thats so cool that you can sing karaoke like that in a new environment. that place looks like fun, though. i really like the lights/pictures/whatever they are of space and what not on the walls! it looks like you really had fun!

    ReplyDelete