Sunday, September 13, 2009

Kendo Feet... Ow

Well, it's 3am now, and I'm just sitting down to write this, and I have to wake up in 5 hours, so this will be a fairly short post.

Tori and I went to the big mall again today. It was fun. We were hungry as soon as we got there around 2:30, so Tori got a crepe and I got mint chip ice cream again. I love that stuff. Real healthy lunch right? We went to the book store after that, where I geeked out on the gaming books lol. We split up afterwards, cause Tori wanted to do her own thing, mainly not go clothes shopping. I bought some clothes and a necklace. While in one of the clothing stores some old lady walked up and started talking to me. I was so flustered that she was even talking to me, that I couldn't pay attention to anything she said. I heard a few words, but I still have no idea what she wanted. I just said "I'm sorry, I don't understand" in Japanese and she said something else and walked away. It was kinda scary.

I stopped by this sports store randomly and drooled at tennis rackets. I wish I could play here, but it's really hard to use the recreational facilities actually, because the sports teams and clubs are always using them, so there's only specific times you can play.

We got back around 7, and the weirdest thing happened. It rained this morning, but it hadn't rained since, so we were walking back to my building and when we were two steps away from the overhang the sky erupted in a downpour. It happened so fast, we barely knew what was going on, so we quickly jumped under the shelter. We were so close to being soaked.

I spent the next two hours getting ready to go out with the people from California again. It was still raining so the three California people in my residence area and I decided to walk instead of riding our bikes in the rain. It sucks depending on bikes. This turned out to be a bad decision. It stopped raining a few minutes after we left, and the walk took twice as long, and there were puddles everywhere that I kept stepping in with my sandals. It was gross. We finally arrived where we going, which turned out to be a dance club type place. So we danced for about 3 hours, which was fun till I started getting tired, and eventually everyone was ready to go. Then we had to walk all the way back to our dorms. My feet are killing me. I just washed them off because they were so black from the mud. I have blisters now, and I have to walk all over Tokyo tomorrow. They haven't hurt this much since they were all bandaged and I had all those giant blisters from kendo. For those that don't know, kendo is Japanese style swordfighting that I did for about 6 months at OSU. You have to fight barefoot on the wood floor, so I had these huge blisters (biggest was probably 4 square inches), and multiple smaller ones on both my feet, and I had to keep my feet forever bandaged for the duration.

I have a long day tomorrow, so I'm going to bed now. This post turned out slightly longer than I intended, oh well...

2 comments:

  1. you know how to swordfight. wow, thats pretty sweet, ngl.

    you went dancing? thats fun! i love to go dancing! sorry about the blisters though :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eu... I remember the blisters! I can't believe you went dancing. :)

    ReplyDelete