Thursday, January 31, 2013

Tales of Xillia 2 - Leia Episode 2 English Translation


Leia Episode 2 – if ~ A Future That Could Have Been

Leia: Ah, Ludger!
Leia: You're safe?
Leia: Earlier, when I was gathering information for an article, I ran into Drossel.
Leia: She told me that Clanspia's Company's agents frequently go missing during their work.
Alvin: You mean all the Clanspia Company's agents? They can't all have such dangerous work…
Leia: It's supposedly related to the alternate timelines, or so I've heard.
Vel: …This is Vel. A new alternate timeline has been discovered…
Leia: Do there happen to be a lot of agents who have gone missing!?
Vel: So you've heard.
Leia: Are the alternate timelines really that dangerous?
Vel: All I can say is that it depends on an agent's abilities.
Vel: Lastly, I should tell you that this time factor is an extremely strong monster, it seems.
Alvin: Hey, what kind of conversation is this?
Vel: I'll send  you the coordinates for the target alternate timeline. The entry point is Bamia Gorge.
Vel: …Please be careful.
Leia: ...I'm a little worried, so I'll help out.
Leia: I have to pay you back for the other day anyhow.*
Alvin: I'll come too.
Alvin: I did hear the whole conversation after all, although I felt so left out. Besides, you don't want this reporter here to take some rumor and blow it out of proportion.
Leia: You could've just said you'd help.

*She means in return for what Ludger did in Leia Episode 1 (which wasn't really that much to be honest lol).

==========================

Leia: Ag...ria?
Agria: Idiot, you're late!
Leia: Ow, that hurt~~~!
Agria: I thought I told you over and over!
Agria: Also, why did you bring these boys with you?

-L1: You shouldn't ask questions so rudely.
-R1: Nice to meet you. (Leia +)

R1 Route:
Agria: Huh? Why are you saying that, idiot?
Agria: Oh, did you get rejected by Jude and then run off to these other men?
Leia: That's completely wrong!
Agria: Whatever. Anyway, there's some monster here you really want to write an article about, right?
Agrial You want to write something about the ecosystem and poaching and all kinds of other troublsome things I don't care about…
Leia: Eh? Umm…
Agria: That's what you said earlier, wasn't it!?
Alvin: Yes, yes. And she thought she have to fight a bit though, and asked us to help out, right Leia?
Agria: I've heard that the monster you want to find was injured by some poachers and has become unusually ferocious.
Leia: Ah, that's right!
Agria: Ugh…. You're so slow. I'm going on ahead.
Elle: That person is too scary!
Alvin: Well anyway, let's get going too.
Leia: …Right. We might find some clues to its whereabouts.

==========================

Alvin: Ahh… Is that the monster we're looking for?
Alvin: Of course it is.
Agria: Damn! I suppose if we leave it alone, something bad really will happen to this area's ecosystem.
Agria: It's too bad it got injured and by those damn poachers from Elenpios and went berserk, but I suppose we've no choice but to kill it.
Leia: People from Elenpios attacked it!?
Agria: Yeess, you're the one who investigated this, don't you remember!? You told me there are bastards who come out here and hunt monsters just for sport.
Leia: That's so cruel...*
Agria: People from Elenpios really make me sick.
Agria: Even ignoring this incident, they still keep carelessly using "gin" and killing spirits!
Alvin: But, I thought because of what Maxwell did, using "gin" for a little while longer is ok.**
Agria: But it's a fact that spirits are dying! And they're just averting their eyes and pretending it's not happening...
Agria: They say they have no choice because they can't use spirit artes, but even so they keep using "gin" excessively.
Agria: And meanwhile, Liese Maxia will slowly wither and become a wasteland too!
Leia: But that's why research is being done on "origin." To solve this problem.
Agria: What is that? Are you taking their side?
Leia: It's not about taking sides... I just know that there are good people in Elenpios who are trying their best.
Leia: I guess I just want to believe in them.
Agria: ...Believe in those bastards? You're seriously naive. Completely naive.


-L1: Why can't you believe in the people of Elenpios too? (Leia +)
-R1: To think that we were hated so much...


L1 Route:
Agria: Because they just treat us like uncivilized barbarians.
Agria: Not only that, those worthless bastards had once planned to use us as a fuel in their plan to find an energy source in our world.
Agria: How am I supposed to trust in such people? Huh?
Agria: Huh? What's with that face... Do you have something to say!?
Agria: Ow! What the...
Leia: This isn't the time to be fighting amongst ourselves!
Leia?: We have to take this monster down!
Agria: Hmph! Let's hurry up and kick this bastard's butt then!
Leia: Hey... wait!
Agria: Gyaaaah...!
Leia: Agria!


(boss battle)

-L1: (Quickly destroy the time factor.)
-R1: (Wait just a little longer.) (Leia +)


R1 Route:
Leia: Agria! Agria!!
Agria: You're too loud!
Leia: Ow.
Agria: Don't force me to act so desperately! Who knows what could've happened to me.
Leia: Then you shouldn't be kicking me!
Agria: Ha, that was my repayment for earlier.
Agria: Hm?
Leia: Th... thank you.
Agria: Hey... Do you really trust in those people?
Leia: Eh? Ahh, yes. Elenpios has its own problems too after all.
Leia: I know that not everyone is friendly towards Liese Maxia.  
Leia: But, I know if we just work hard, one day for sure we'll be able to understand each other and get along.
Leia: That's what I think.
Agria: ...Just like with us.
Agria: When the cliff of the Ni Akeria Sacred Mountain crumbled and I fell, you reached out your hand to save me.
Agria: Thanks to you, I...
Agria: Why are you smiling at me like that!? Idiot!
Agria: Well, we finished what we came here for. Now all that's left is to do our job as reporters.
Agria: Let's go home and start work on a manuscript, Leia.
Leia: ...


Lulu: ...Meow~
Alvin: Well that was a serious and difficult conversation, but I suppose it doesn't matter, does it?
Leia: Ludger… The alternate timelines, we have to destroy them no matter what, right?
Leia: …This was for the best, right?

-L1: Yes. That's right. (Leia +)
-R1: …I'd like to believe that.

L1 Route:
Alvin: …If we don't do it, our world can't be saved.
Leia: Ludger. Would it be ok if one day I write about the alternate timelines in my articles?
Leia: The things that happened there, the people we met… And also, the reason they have to cease to exist no matter what.
Alvin: …By doing that, they'd still be able to remain and not be forgotten.
Alvin:  Well then, let's eat and get some rest. I'm exhausted.
Leia: …Watch me, ok?

*Uhh, what? We murder monsters by the hundreds everytime we walk through a field >_> They drop money! I'm surprised there are not MORE poachers.
**Referring to ToX1's ending, when mana from the Shell was released into Elenpios. I'm not sure why this make using "gin" ok? Can "gin" use mana instead of a spirit's actual lifeforce? Removing "gin" at this point would cause Elenpios's society to fall apart, since it's pretty much used in everything (imagine if the world could no longer use electricity starting tomorrow, our society is built around it and we wouldn't be able to cope well with such a drastic change), which is why Jude is working so hard to research "origin" so they can be used to replace "gin" eventually, since they don't kill spirits.

No comments:

Post a Comment