Sunday, January 20, 2013

Tales of Xillia 2 - Leia Episode 1 English Translation

Chapter Index | Skits

Leia Episode 1 - Leia's Errand


Leia: Ah, Ludger!

Leia: What's up? Did you find out some good info for one of my articles?
Alvin: Better leave her alone. Leia is currently in her "must find a scoop" mode.
Alvin: She's lying in wait for those foolish enough to approach.
Leia: I'm not doing any such thing! Honestly.
Leia: Ah… Editor!
Leia: Are you here gathering information for an article?
Leia: Yeah! I, Leia Rolando, will accompany you!
Editor: …Wrong.
Leia: Wha… why! Please let me work with you.
Editor: Please take this to the station.
Leia: Huh… Editor?
Editor: You can handle these odd jobs by yourself, right? I'm counting on you to do it quickly.
Leia: Ah! Did you get a chance to look at my manuscript? I turned it in the other day.
Editor: Rejected!
Editor: To think you could get your article into a newspaper with such insincere writing. Idiot.  
 Editor: It completely lacked focus. What was it trying to get across?
Editor: Something about the employment issue? Environmental issues? News about that incident? Something about culture?
Editor: You can't just write whatever you think. Rather…
Leia: Rather?
Editor: Think about that yourself.
Editor: I need to return to the office after taking my walk.
Alvin: Hmm. So that's Leia's boss.

-L1: He doesn't seem very approachable.  
-R1: Seems as though all bosses are like that.

L1 Route:
Leia: Normally, he's a very laid-back and carefree person. He's just really strict when it comes to articles.
Leia: If he doesn't like what you write, he won't hold back like you just saw.
Leia: But he writes excellent articles. When I read them I can really understand the situation or the emotions of people he's describing.
Leia: I want to write those kinds of articles too.
Alvin: That's why you wanted to go with him and help him work then?
Leia: My editor always starts working suddenly, and by the time I realize it, he's finished. So I thought this was a good chance.
Leia: Anyway, I need to take this to the station if you don't mind.
Alvin: Well then, let's go there now.
Leia: Thank you.
Leia: Well then, let's go.

==========================

Leia: Excuse me.
Leia: I'm with the Daily Triglav newspaper.
Station Worker: Ah… what do you need?*
Station Worker: Are you by chance the new person they hired recently.
Leia: Yes, I am.
Station Worker: Ahh, then you're the Liese Maxian, aren't you?
Station Worker: I heard you people borrow the spirits' powers to live.
Leia: Um… Yes, something like that.
Station Worker: So when you get sick you have to pray or cast a spell to heal yourselves? That must be troublesome.
Leia: …Eh?
Station Worker: But then, our medical technology is still developing.
Station Worker: If you need anything, just ask.

Leia: Ah… Sorry. I'm just a little surprised.

-L1: Did he say something disagreeable to you?
-R1: What did he say that surprised you?

L1 Route:
Alvin: No. Rather it's because he had no intention of offending that is worrisome.
Alvin: The truths about Liese Maxia's relations with spirits has become strangely twisted as they spread throughout Elenpios.
Elle: That seems bad.
Alvin: If it bothers you, you should say something.
Leia: I know.
Leia: Hey, maybe I can say bad things happen when we get hungry, what do you think?
Alvin: When you're hungry…
Leia: Anyways, I need to get this to my editor.
Leia: He said he was going on a walk, so he's probably still somewhere in the city.

*Um, he literally said "Ahh… which?" and I don't know why ha. I think he meant "what are you here for" rather than "who are you" or "which newspaper" because the following lines don't support that.

==========================

(Bonus scene in Inn's bar)

Waiter: Welcome.
Waiter: It will soon be lunch time, did you want to order something?

-L1: Tomato pasta please.  (Leia +)
-R1: Homemade Mabo Curry please.  (Leia +)

R1 Route:
Waiter: Alright.
Leia: Eh? We're going to eat?
Leia: …Because I said I was hungry?
Leia: I see… Thanks.
Waiter: Please sit wherever you like. Your food will be ready shortly.

Leia: That was soo delicious! I feel so full of energy~!

-L1: You seem to have cheered up. (Leia +)
-R1: The flavor was ok I guess.

L1 Route:
Leia: Ah… You were trying to cheer me up after all.
Alvin: If your stomach's empty, you can't work hard after all.
Leia: I'm sorry for making you worry before, but I'm alright now.
Leia: I tried my best, but I guess sometimes things can't be helped.
Leia: But because of that, I won't give up trying to do what I can.
Leia: Also, I…
Leia: The fact that I always try my best is one of my best qualities. So I'll just be myself and work as hard as I can!
Alvin: Well, now that your stomach is full, you should hurry up and report to your boss.

==========================

Leia: Editor, I've returned.
Editor: Hm.
Leia: Ah! If you're gathering information, I'll come too!
Editor: Gathering information, do you know for what purpose it's for?
Leia: Huh? It's so you can write your article.
Editor: What is necessary for an article?
Leia: Umm… speed… clarity?
Editor: …The worker at the station office that you received these papers from. Didn't he give you a bad feeling?
Editor: Say for example you're writing an article about that… do you still think the most important things are speed and clarity?
Editor: If you don't understand, it's better that you stop trying to be a journalist.

-L1: What was he trying to say?
-R1: He knew what kind of person that station worker was?

R1 Route:
Alvin: Seems like it.
Alvin: He probably knew how that guy, with his prejudices against Liese Maxians, would act towards Leia.
Leia: That's why my editor asked me to deliver that letter…
Leia: If I wrote an article about that… Hmm…
Leia: Anyway, since he said I shouldn't write articles because I don't understand…
Leia: …That means when I do understand, it will be ok for me write again!
Alvin: You could say that I suppose.
Leia: Alright! I'll do my best!
Leia: For now I'll help you with your work, Ludger. If you need me, just call.
Leia: Everyone, thanks for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment