Sunday, January 20, 2013

Tales of Xillia 2 - Jude Episode 1 English Translation

Chapter Index

Jude Episode 1 – Ideals and Reality

Jude: Ludger, did you play in this park when you were a kid?
-L1: Yes, Julius played with me all the time here. 
-R1: No, I don't really like the outdoors.

L1 Route:
Jude: I see, with your brother…
Jude: I'm an only child, so I'm a little jealous.
Jude: Hello.
Maki: Doctor, it's Maki! Those people have arrived at the lab.
Maki: They have a valuable spirit fossil with them, and they said they want to trade it for some of your research devices.
Jude: …! Did they say anything else?
Maki: They say it's a great spirit class fossil and that they obtained it specially.
Maki: Chief Baran said he has a committee meeting and can't come back quick enough.  
Maki: We don't know what to do…!
Jude: Maki-san, calm down. You're in Helioborg right now, yes?
Maki: Ah, yes.
Jude: I'll head there now. No matter what they say, don't do anything until I get there.
Jude: Please tell everyone else the same thing.
Elle: That was loud!
Jude: Sorry about that. I'm sure you overheard my conversation just now. I'm sorry, but I have to go to Helioborg right now.
Jude: That call was from people at Helioborg who work with me in studying "origin". It seems like they're having a little trouble.

-L1: I'll come too. I'll help in any way I can. (Jude +)
-R1: Will you be alright by yourself?

L1 Route:
Jude:  Ah… are you sure?
Elle: Elle will come too!
Jude: …Thank you.
Jude: Well then, let's hurry to Helioborg.

==========================

Man: You're not going to tell me something I don't want to hear, right?
Man: I don’t think this is something that requires waiting to hear Doctor Mathis's opinion.
Maki: That's why I've told you over and over that I refuse everything we've discussed…
Man: I've heard about your lab's circumstances.
Man: You don't have what you need to continue your research, correct?

Maki: Doctor!
Jude: I'm Jude Mathis. I'm sorry to have kept you waiting.
Jude: You can discuss whatever business you have here with me.
Man: Ah, so this is Doctor Mathis. You've come at a good time...
Man: I wanted to discuss your research devices with you.
Maki: I already told you, the clinical studies on that haven't been completed yet!
Maki: We can't make any business deals with you regarding those.
Man: The success rate for "origin" created using lower class spirits has already reached 80%, right?
Man: That's more than good enough for practical use. If you create a contract with us so we have a monopoly over selling them, I can promise we'll both profit greatly.
Jude: The one who will decide when they're "good enough" is us.
Jude: 20% of them are still failures.
Man: I see… but are you sure you can really afford to wait?
Man: The funding needed to continue "origin" research is steadily increasing. I'm sure your investors would consent to deal with us. 
Jude: …
Man: Of course, in negotiating such an important contract we wouldn't come empty-handed.
Man: We have a great spirit class fossil. I'm sure that would come in handy in your "origin" research.
Jude: A great spirit… is that Celsius's fossil?
Man: Yes. It's the actual great spirit that the former leader of Ark Noah had with him. *
Jude: Celsius's fossil sank into the ocean along with the Jilnitora one year ago.**
Jude: The one who salvaged the Jilnitora was the Liese Maxian government.
Man: Gr…
Jude: The salvaged remains of ship are under the direct control of the Liese Maxian government.
Jude: How did you come by this fossil?
Man: …
Jude: …
Man: As expected of Doctor Mathis. You seem to be knowledgeable about many things.
Jude: Please leave immediately.
Man: Well, it appears I've offended you. Then I shall take my leave for now.
Man: …But, I suggest you think it over. For the sake of your research… right?
Maki: Ah… this.
Man: I'll give it you on one condition.
Man: You forget that you ever met us. Nothing happened… got it?

-L1: Are you ok? (Jude +)
-R1: What was that all about?

L1 Route:
Jude: I'm fine but…
Jude: I'm sorry that you had to deal with this.
Maki: Ah… No, it's fine really!
Maki: You really saved me by coming here. You two as well.
Jude: Maki-san, please put this away for safekeeping for now.
Jude: I don't know if it's the real thing or not, but there's always the possibility.
Maki: I understand, I'll inform Chief Baran as well.
Jude: Please do.
Jude: Let's go.

*Gilland, the former leader of Ark Noah, had Celsius with him in ToX1. 
**Jilnitora is a boat from ToX1.

==========================

Jude: I'm sorry I got you all involved in this.

-L1: Don't worry about it. (Jude +)
-R1: Is this going happen often?

L1 Route:
Jude: Hehe, you're too kind.
Jude: I understand what that man was saying, but we just don't have enough data yet to release "origin" to the public.
Jude: If we could only experiment with great spirits…
Jude: No, nevermind. We can't help the fact that we have to hurry.*

-L1: I think it's best if you go at your own pace. (Jude +)
-R1: Aren't you pushing yourself too hard, Jude?

L1 Route:
Jude: Yeah, I know what my goal is. Worrying so much won't get me anywhere.
Jude: But sometimes, I get caught up in my worries and I lose sight of what I need to do.
Elle: Jude…
Jude: …I've got to get past this. I already decided to walk this path after all.
Jude: Ludger, thank you for coming with me today. It was reassuring to have you here with me.

*I believe he means "hurry" as in, the world needs to be rid of "gin" and start using "origin" sooner rather than later so that less spirits are killed.

No comments:

Post a Comment