Friday, January 18, 2013

Tales of Xillia 2 - Chapter 4 English Translation

Chapter Index | Skits
Previous Chapter | Next Chapter (If you chose Maxbard in Ch3)
Previous Chapter | Next Chapter (If you chose Helioborg in Ch3)  

Chapter 4 - Evil Lurking in the Back Alleys

Leia: Don't be afraid... Come here.
Leia: Ah I'm not a suspicious person!
Jude: What are you doing Leia?
Leia: Jude?!
Elle: Are you playing with the cat?
Leia: No, I have to catch him for a reason.
Jude: Leia, didn't you become a reporter?*
Leia: I said I had a reason!

-L1: I'll try catching him. (Leia +)
-R1: I'll let Lulu handle this one.

L1 Route:
Ludger: I'll try catching him.
Ludger: Ow!
Leia: Gotcha Julius!
Elle: Julius?!
Leia: Yep, that's this little guy's name.
Leia: Julius Nyan Stanton, III.
Jude: Julius...
Leia: ...Nyan Stanton, III.
Leia: I've spent so long searching for him.
Jude: So the person here who was "searching for Julius" was just Leia...
Leia: You guys really helped me out, this is my company's sponsor's cat.
Jude: This is Ludger Will Kresnik.
Elle: I'm Elle. And this is Lulu.
Lulu: Meow.
Leia: Nice to meet you, I'm Leia Rolando.
Elle: Leia a person who catches cats?
Leia: No! I'm a reporter!
Leia: Being a reporter, always in pursuit of the truth, is a wonderful job to be proud of. That's why I became one.
Jude: Have you heard any new information about the terrorist attack on the train?
Leia: That incident is full of questions.
Leia: I heard Clanspia Company's elite agent, Julius Will Kresnik, was put on the wanted list.
Leia: Julius... Kresnik!
Leia: Are you caught up in trouble again?
Jude: But, Ludger...
Leia: I understand. I'm your friend after all.
Leia: Let's go!
Jude: Go where?
Leia: Duvohl.
Leia: I know a good informant there. I'll introduce you.
Elle: Leia sure is capable.

*Implying, you're a grown up with a real job, why are you wasting your time with this?

==========================

Ivar: Hm, if a life of restraint and shackles is disagreeable to you, then you should seek your freedom by going on a journey.
Ivar: I understand your feelings, but isn't the world a cruel place?*
Jude: Ivar?
Elle: He's talking to Julius III!
Leia: Ah! Catch that cat!
Ivar: Wha?
Elle: Awww...
Ivar: ...
Ivar: Did you see, Ludger? This is a new piece of equipment that makes even cats run away!
Ivar: You should take it and be grateful.
Ludger: ...
Ivar: ...You know how to use it, don't you?

(battle)

Ivar: You seem to have mastered the basics, so I'll say just one thing.
Ivar: Don't swing it wildly around within the city!
Ivar: For goodness sake, think of how you're inconveniencing others...
Leia: Ivar is working in Elenpios, right?
Jude: what about the cat?
Leia: Now's not the time for that, right?
Leia: Let's go to Duvohl.

*Ivar is saying something poetic and ridiculous here, but it's in pretty poetic language so I don't really understand it, did the best I could sorry ^_^;

==========================

Informant: Leia, you're late!
Leia: I'm sorry!
Jude: The informant... is this person?
Leia: Yep, the female informant, Jou!*
Jou: Nice to meet you, my name is Jou!
Leia: Jou, to get to the point...
Jou: You want info about the train accident, right? I'm not saying there isn't any but...
Leia: You'll only tell us if we pay with either money or information, right?
Jude: Ludger.
Jou: So that really happened on the train huh?
Elle: It's true, Elle saw it too.
Jou: I know. I'll tell you what you want to know.
Jou: Recently, it seems Blart has been using Ark Noah to search for something.
Elle: Blart?
Leia: This town's citizen's self-governing organization... right?
Jou: That's their official appearance, yes.
Jude: What do they actually do?
Jou: If I told you, I'd be killed.
Leia: They deal illegally in... weapons?
Jou: No, fossils of spirits and boosters.
Jude: The raw materials for "origin"!
Jou: Yes. "Origin", they say it's a new replacement system for "gin"...
Jou: ...Leia... this person is!
Leia: Yep, this is Jude Mathis, an "origin" researcher.
Jou: Well then, as a mark of friendship towards my new acquaintances I'll do one more thing for you. 
Elle: Jude, you're really famous!
Jou: In the back alleys of Duvohl, I've heard someone called "the evil spirit" sometimes comes out.
Jou: He looks like an ordinary human, but he is actually hiding monster-like powers. They say he comes out to hunt humans every night.
Elle: He sounds just like the old man with the glasses...**
Jou: Blart bodyguards have been taken down, one by one.
Jou: I thought it was just an urban legend, but it may have something to with the incident on the train.
Ludger: ...

*Triple play-on-words here. Informant in Japanese is "jouhouya," one of the words for female is "jou", and the informant's name is "Jou". Ha.
**She means Julius.

==========================

Leia: The place where the "evil spirit" comes out, I wonder if it's around here?
Elle: If it doesn't come out, that'd be better though.
Leia: You're scared.
Elle: I am not!
Elle: Because I have to go to the Land of Canaan.
Leia: But I'm also concerned about this "evil spirit".
Jude: Why is Ark Noah collecting the raw materials for "origin"?
Man: Hey young man, did you say "origin"?
Man: If you're interested, I can gather the materials for you.
Jude: You also have spirit fossils?
Man: Yep, low-class spirits though.
Jude: Have you heard of an organization that has been collecting spirit fossils recently?
Man: Yeah, you mean Ark Noah.
Jude: !
Man 2: Don't move, Dr. Mathis.
Man 2: Your personal safety depends on them.
Leia: Right in the middle of the city!
???: It's no problem.
Ludger: !
Leia: These people!
Jude: Blart!

-L1: Why capture Jude...?
-R1: [Save Jude] (Jude +)

R1 Route:
Ludger: ...
Man 2: Gwa!
Elle: Kyaaa!

==========================

Man: What's wrong, your face looks pale...
Jude: I understand that you people and Ark Noah hate me, but...
Jude: But please have faith in "origin"! Just a little more research and it will have many practical uses!
Man: Damn that Jou! She talked, didn't she?
Man 2: Don't hold back! They are Liese Maxians after all!
Jude: ...damn.
???: Then I guess I won't hold back either.
Man: Ahh!
Jude: Spirit artes!
???: You were in quite a spot, weren't you?
Jude: Rowen!
Elle: Who?
Jude: A good friend who traveled on a journey with me.
Leia: He knows all kinds of things, and is a very dependable person.
Elle: Like where the Land of Canaan is located?
Rowen?: The Land of Canaan...?
Elle: Yes! It's a mysterious place that makes all your wishes come true!
Rowen?: That's...
Man: If a place like that really exists, I have something I'd wish for.
Man: I'd wish for all the Liese Maxians to be killed!
Man: Do you really think you monsters who can do such magic tricks unarmed are humans like us?
Rowen?: I feel the same.
Man: Gyaaah!!
Jude: Rowen, what are you doing?
Rowen?: It's become known.
Rowen?: Elise-san, Gaius-san, Mistress Drossel... I will get revenge for everyone and destroy their enemies.
Rowen?: They must repent for the crime of destroying the Shell.
Leia: We were wrong. This person is...
Jude: !
Rowen?: I'll have to finish those two off too.
Jude: This person is not Rowen!
Rowen?: No matter what, I must kill all the people of Elenpios.

(boss battle)

Ludger: !?
Man: There's no way people can just disappear like that!
Man: Search for them! They must be hiding somewhere.
Man: How did you do that just now!?
Man 2: Did they use spirit artes?
Man 3: Liese Maxians must be monsters after all!
???: Stop right there.
Man: Who are you people?
Man: !
Gaius: Tell me just one thing.
Gaius: Why is Ark Noah collecting the raw materials for "origin"?
Man: ...They're using the instability of "origin" for terrorism.
Man: Not only is it powerful, but if they can show off how dangerous it is...
Jude: !
Gaius: I see. As a strategy, it's not bad.
Man: You're not going to kill us...?
Gaius: Well, I'm not a monster.
Gaius: I guess things won't change overnight.
Rowen: This town's hatred of Liese Maxians is especially strong.
Elle: If you wish for it in the Land of Canaan, things might get better.
Rowen: The Land of Canaan?
Elle: It's a mysterious place that makes all your wishes come true...
Rowen: Hohoho, that sounds like something out of a dream.
Rowen: But, a power that can take away the freedom of the human heart is a fearsome power indeed.
Gaius: Humans would no longer be humans after all.
Jude: Don't worry. He's the real one.
Leia: Thank you Rowen, Gaius.
Gaius: It's Arst.
Leia: Eh?
Gaius: Right now I am pretending to be just an ordinary citizen. Therefore, I ask that you call me Arst instead.
Rowen: To learn the what the people of Elenpios are really saying, he is working undercover here.
Jude: Is that really alright? You're Liese Maxia's king after all.
Elle: A king!?
Elle: This is the first time Elle has seen a real king!

-L1: Thank you, Arst. (Gaius +)
-R1: You saved us, Your Majesty.

L1 Route:
Gaius: That's enough.
Rowen: He was surprisingly worried, almost like a child.
Gaius: Did you say something?
Rowen: No, no, nothing at all.
Leia: Did you think perhap Gai... I mean Arst is the "evil spirit" in the back alleys we heard about?
Elle: But, the scary version of this guy was just like the guy with glasses.*
Rowen: The scary me?
Jude: Um, well...
Gaius: I see. So mysterious incidents keeps occuring around you.
Gaius: Do that particulary interest you, Rowen?
Rowen: Yes it rather does.
Gaius: You have information about it?
Rowen: Just a hunch.
Gaius: I see, I'll leave the investigation to you then.
Rowen: Understood.
Rowen: By the way, will you do me the honor of letting me travel with you?

-L1: I don't mind. (Rowen +)
-R1: Hmm, I don't know if I want to be friends with an old man...

L1 Route:
Rowen: My name is Rowen J. Ilbert. Pleased to make your acquaintance.
Gaius: Jude.
Jude: I know.
Jude: If I have time to feel discouraged, I should instead be working that much harder in researching "origin".
Ludger: ...
Jude: Let's go see Baran-san.
Jude: He is someone who works with me on "origin" research at Helioborg.

*She means the evil Rowen we just fought was just like the evil Julius.

==========================

ノヴァからのコール3 [main]
Call from Nova 3

Nova: Hey, since you've been paying your debt back so diligently, you can now freely go to the Helioborg Research Facility.
Nova: Someone like you who pays their debt back so promptly is really quite rare. In fact, it's becoming the gossip of my workplace.
Elle: Ludger, she's praising you.
Ludger: Haha...
Nova: Yep yep! Just as expected of Julius-san's younger brother.
Ludger: ...

==========================

Nova: Ludger! Good timing! I wanted to give this to you so I've been searching for you.
Nova: Here you go. If you use it correctly, it's quite useful.
Elle: What is it?
Nova: My family bought it through mail order, but then never used it. I found it buried in a room.
Nova: If they never use it, then they don't need it, I thought.
Elle: It's probably something unnecessary.
Nova: Ahaha... Well anyway, it will be useful to you Ludger! For sure!

Chapter Index | Skits
Previous Chapter | Next Chapter (If you chose Maxbard in Ch3)
Previous Chapter | Next Chapter (If you chose Helioborg in Ch3)

No comments:

Post a Comment