Sunday, February 3, 2013

Tales of Xillia 2 - Jude Episode 2 English Translation

Chapter Index 

Jude Episode 2 – An Unexpected Encounter

Jude: There's always such a wonderful smell of fruit in the air everytime I come to Ha Mil.
Jude: Ludger, you really like cooking, right? Do you have recipes that use fruit?

-L1: I do actually… Peach pie, among others. (Jude +)
-R1: I have lots of recipes that use tomatoes.

L1 Route:
Jude: Ah, peach pie is a pretty popular dessert in Elenpios, right?
 Jude: This village's specialty is a fruit called a parange, I bet it would taste good as parange pie, don't you think?
Milla: Heh, I agree. That sounds delicious.
Vel: This is the Alternate Timeline Counter-Measure Division. A new alternate timeline has been discovered.
Vel: The entry point is in the vicinity of Tataal Cave. I've sent you the coordinates, I'm counting on  you to handle it.
Jude: That was about your agent work right? I'll help.
Jude: I just can't ignore this situation with the alternate timelines.
Milla: You really are soft-hearted, aren't you?
Jude: Hm… I've been told that a lot.
Milla: It's not always a good personality trait to have…
Milla: Well, I'm not soft-hearted, but I'll help out anyway. The more people, the better, right?

==========================

Woman: Ohh… It hurts… Make it stop…
Dirac: …I've got my hands full right now. You'll have to wait.
Woman: Ah… it… doesn't hurt….?
Dirac: !
Dirac: What… What did you do?
Jude: Fath…*
Man: Mathis-san! It's terrible, more people were attacked.
Dirac: So the extermination squad couldn't do anything against it.
Man: We should all hurry and run away! If we don't, we'll all fall prey to it…
Dirac: I will remain behind.
Dirac: I'm a doctor. I can't just abandon injured people.
Man: Even so, at this rate…!
Jude: Some monster is running wild further in and you need something to be done about it, yes?
Man: Are you… people serious?
Jude: It'll be fine.
Jude: Although, I don't want to leave the injured behind either.

-L1: Let's go kill that monster.
-R1: Jude, you should stay here. (Jude +)

R1 Route:
Jude: Eh? But…
Milla: If I'm there we shouldn't have any problems. Hurry up and see to these people.
Jude: Alright. I'll catch up soon.
Dirac: …
Milla: Don't take too long.

*This is Jude's father.

==========================

(boss battle)

Jude: Ludger!
Jude: The situation is under control back there.
Jude: Ludger... you were being considerate of me earlier, weren't you?

-L1: No, it wasn't that.
-R1: It's ok, it was nothing. (Jude +)

R1 Route:
???: Hey, you!
Dirac: That was some excellent healing you did back there. Thanks to you, those people were saved.
Dirac: ...Please take this.
Jude: This is...
Dirac: You have some talent, but you overexert yourself. Use that to lessen the strain.
Dirac: It's not much, but…*
Jude: …No, please don't say that. Thank you.
Dirac: Ah, I haven't asked your name yet.
Dirac: I'm Dirac Gita Mathis. What is your name?
Jude: I'm… Jude Mathis.
Dirac: Mathis?

Elle: We're back.
Jude: …

-R1: What's wrong? Do you feel sick?
-L1: That Mathis person, was he by chance… (Jude +)

L1 Route:
Jude: …Yes.
Jude: That man was my father.
Jude: …Although, it seems like I was never born in that world.
Elle: Are you… separated from your father?
Jude: Well, we both have our own work that keeps us busy, so we haven't met in a while.
Jude: I've sort of been wondering… what I should do.

-L1: You can go see him anytime.
-R1: You should go see him once in a while. (Jude +)       

R1 Route:
Jude: Yes… I should, shouldn't I?
Jude: When I saw my father in the alternate timeline, I thought…
Jude: My father, as a doctor, and I, as a medical researcher, both are trying our hardest to support the lives of everyone around us.
Jude: Even though our work is different, our goals are the same.
Jude: Ah, my cell…
Jude: !
Elle: Jude?
Jude: I have to return to Helioborg.
Jude: If you can, I'd like for you all to accompany me. I don't have time to fully explain the situation though.
Jude: Thank you. Let's go.

*Ok, so, he literally says "it's my personal property, I'm sorry." And then Jude says "not at all." I think this is some kind of polite exchange in Japanese that does not mean what it literally says (like "how do you do"), but I could not find any reference for what it might mean, so I sort of guessed. I think it's something like that. I'm not even sure what he gives him though, they don't explain. It might help if I did know.  
                               
==========================

Jude: "Origin" Celsius!
Celsius: Uh… Ah…!
Jude: That's my device…!
Jude: Baran-san, what is…
Maki: Uwa!
Celsius: Again…
Celsius: Again humans seek to control me… with those machines! Against my will!

-L1: This is bad… Run away!
-R1: Stop!

R1 Route:
Celsius: Out of the way. Don't interfere!
Jude: Celsius! We have no intention of hurting you, so please…
Celsius: Then what about that device!?
Celsius: You violated my free will, and were planning holding me here to use me as you saw fit, weren't you!?
Jude: Eh… Use you?
Celsius: …How many times must this cycle repeat itself before humans are satisfied…
Celsius: I am not… Spirits are not you humans' tools!
Baran: …Well, Maki-chan? Explain yourself.
Maki: …What…
Maki: What else are we supposed to do!?
Maki: To further our research, we have no choice but to experiment on great spirit class spirits!
Maki: Isn't that what you said, Doctor!?
Maki: And… because it was the doctor's device, I thought for sure it would be able to control a great spirit.
Jude: And so you used Celsius's fossil?
Baran: Without discussing this with anyone? That was reckless.
Maki: I just wanted to be useful to Doctor Jude!
Maki: It's been so hard for you, Doctor… I just wanted to do something to help…
Baran: Even so, acting on your own will only cause more trouble. If you mess up even a little bit, it could turn into a huge disaster.
Baran: "Origin" Celsius has disappeared, but it was a pretty big incident.
Jude: …Baran-san, I think we should stop experimenting with those devices.
Maki: …!
Baran: Because it's a violation of the spirit's freedom and can control them… is that it? Is that what's bothering you?
Jude: There was a defect in my device. That's what angered Celsius, and what injured her.

-L1: Is it really ok to just give up like this? (Jude +)
-R1: I also think it's best if you stop.        

L1 Route:
Elle: Jude, you worked really hard to create that device though, right?
Baran: If that is the decision you've come to, then we will accept it.
Jude: I created a device that uses "origin"… no, spirits as tools.
Jude: But even though I didn't realize it and didn't have that intention, that's no excuse.
Maki: Doctor… It's all my fault… Oh…

Chapter Index

2 comments:

  1. Tks for the traslation it helps a lot ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a heads up, this says

    -R1: What's wrong? Do you feel sick?
    -L1: That Mathis person, was he by chance… (Jude +)

    It SHOULD say

    -L1: What's wrong? Do you feel sick?
    -R1: That Mathis person, was he by chance… (Jude +)

    You got the buttons mixed up =P

    ReplyDelete