Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Tales of Xillia 2 - Chapter 1 English Translation

Chapter Index | Next Chapter | Skits

Chapter 1 - The Wheel of Fate Begins to Turn

???: Hah!
???: Heh... The same stance, huh?
???: We really are brothers. However!
Ludger: Haa!
Ludger: Ah...!
???: "Judgment" is cruel.
???: So cruel that one cannot bear it. 
Ludger: Ahh!
???: People are weak.
???: So weak, it will destroy the world.
???: Yes... this is our curse!
???: What's needed is a choice. A choice where life, the world, everything is at stake!
???: Can you do that? Answer me, Ludger Will Kresnik!

Ludger: Ah!
Ludger: ...
Lulu: Meow!
Ludger: Ahh!

Julius: You just barely made it, Ludger.
Julius: You understand this is the entrance exam for the Clanspia Company, right?

-L1: I know, Julius.
-R1: I know, brother.
(this choice affects what Ludger calls Julius for the rest of the game in the choices)

L1 Route:
Julius: You know, yet you still barely made it in time.
Julius: You always have had guts at the strangest times.
Ludger: ...
Julius: Hmm.

-L1: I had a dream where I killed you, Julius.
-R1: Nothing.

R1 Route:
Julius: ...I see.
Julius: Well then, let's begin the test.
Julius: The test will take place in this underground training area.
Julius: This training area extends under the entirety of Triglav. You can leave the city limits through
these tunnels.
Julius: But for today, if you leave this area you fail the test.
Julius: For a weapon, you can use these.
Julius: Heh... The same stance, huh?
Julius: We really are brothers.
Julius: The test involves actual combat.
Julius: Within the time limit, kill 5 monsters within this training area and then return here.
Julius: Any injuries sustained during the test are your own responsibility. Is that ok?
Julius: Well, the examiner is your brother after all. I'm not going to let you die.
Julius: No time for jokes, here they come!

==========================

Girl: Ahhhhhhh!
Ludger: ?!

-L1: Help her Julius!
-R1: (Save the girl yourself) (boss battle)

R1 Route: (after boss battle)
Girl: Thank you, you saved me...
Ludger: Wha!?
Julius: Surprise attacks are a common tactic in actual combat.
Julius: You didn't even question the fact that a girl suddenly appeared out of nowhere?
Julius: This test was designed to test your judgment ability.
Julius: Ludger Will Kresnik.
Julius: You have failed.
Ludger: ...

Elle's Father: Elle, wait!
Elle: !!
Elle's Father: Ah!
Soldier: They went below, don't let them escape!
Elle: Papa's watch...
Elle's Father: Elle, you can read clocks now right?
Elle's Father: You have to board the train that leaves Triglav Central Station at 10 o' clock.
Elle's Father: Then, you must get to the Land of Canaan.
Elle: The Land of Canaan?
Elle's Father: It's a place that makes all your dreams come true.
Elle's Father: It's a place where you and I can live in peace and happiness.
Elle: A place that makes all your dreams come true...
Elle's Father: No matter how hard it is, or how scary, you must be brave and keep going.
Elle: Alright, I promise.
Elle's Father: Get to the boat. 
Elle's Father: Go! To the Land of Canaan!
Soldier: Victor!
Elle: Papa?
Elle's Father: Papa will come too, for sure.
Elle: Papa...!
Elle: Papaaaa!
Soldier: Damn, she got away.
Soldier: The "key" should be with this guy, there should be no problem.
Soldier: Wh... what is this?

Julius: Oi, Ludger, how long are you going to sleep?
Julius: You've got a lot of guts, considering it's your first day on the job.
Julius: Shall I give you some advice, as your big brother?

-L1: Please, Julius. (Julius +)
-R1: No, it's fine.

L1 Route:
Julius: Don't be so formal, it's weird.
Julius: You finally decided on being a chef for your career. Do your best.
Ludger: Heh!
Julius: Don't laugh!
Julius: Since it's your cooking, I know you'll do just fine at the station cafeteria.
Julius: As someone who eats your cooking everyday, I can assure you.
Lulu: Meow!
Julius: Lulu's says she's hungry too. What do you say we eat?
Julius: Chef, what's on this morning's menu?

-L1: Tomato omelette (Julius +)
-R1: Mabo curry

L1 Route:
Julius: You think you can just feed me tomatoes and get me off your back, eh?
Julius: Well you're not wrong.
Julius: Alright, special canned food for Lulu...
Julius: Or maybe not. You'll have to deal with dry food, I'm afraid. You've gotten fat recently.
Lulu: Meow.

Reporter: Moving on to the next piece of news.
Reporter: The Askord Natural Factory, a joint investment of the government and the Clanspia Company, begins operations starting today.*
Reporter: Askord is Elenpios's largest scale natural resources production factory.
Reporter: There are great expectations from all over Elenpios for the operation to stabilize the food supply.
Reporter: Today at 10 o' clock, a special commemoration train will depart from Triglav Central Station.
Reporter: Many important people are expected to attend the commemoration ceremony, including the president of Clanspia Company, Bisley-san.
Julius: A special train... it's departing from the station you work at, isn't it?
Ludger: Yes.
Julius: Oh by the way, is there anything you want?
Julius: You know, as a congratulatory present for getting a job.

-L1: I want one of your watches, Julius.
-R1: I don't want anything really.

L1 Route:
Julius: One of these old things?
Julius: If it's a watch you want, I'll buy you a nice new wristwatch.
Julius: Or maybe a necktie might be good.
Julius: You'll be serving many customers at the station. Your appearance is important.
Julius: Oh, I have to go.
Julius: !?
Ludger: ?
Julius: Well, I'm off.
Julius: You better hurry too. It doesn't look good for a station employee to be late.

*I have no idea what "natural factory" means, but that's what it says. Some sort of energy plant?

==========================

Jude: You were the one who said you wanted to collect information for your article, Leia. You even
begged Baran-san for a ticket.
Jude: You want me to gather information instead? I don't even know which one is the special train.
Jude: Wha?!
Jude: Sigh, what should I do...

-L1: Shall I show you the train? I'm headed to the station as well. (Jude +)
-R1: If you're looking for the special train, just go to the station and you'll find it.

L1 Route:
Jude: Really, you will? Thank you!
Jude: You're really helping me out. My friend stood me up.

Elle: The 10 o' clock train... the 10 o' clock train...
Elle: !?
Elle: Hey, do you know the place where there are lots of big trains?
Elle: It's called Triglav Central Station.
Elle: Sigh, there's no way this cat understands me.
Elle: Busi...ness...district...
Elle: Ah! It says "station"!
Elle: Wait up! Are you going to the train station too?

==========================

Ludger: Look there.
Jude: So that's the special train.
Man: So that's it.
Secretary: Yes.
Secretary: It's from Vice Division Manager Redau. "There's been some suspicious activity in Crown. Be on the lookout."
Man: If they're laying a trap, then this ought to be amusing.
Station Worker: We've been waiting for you Bisley-sama. The special train is expected to depart on schedule. 
Jude: Thank you. Thanks to you I'm able to board the train in time.

==========================

Station Worker: I apologize, I am quite busy at the moment. If you are looking for a lost child, please inquire at the station office.
Station Worker: Excuse me, could you come with me to the station office.
Station Worker: This little girl is saying you did strange things to her.
Ludger: !?
Elle: (mouthing words silently) I'm sorry.
Station Worker: Wait, are you trying to run away!

-L1: (Resist the worker)
-R1: I didn't do anything, that kid lied!

R1 Route:
Station Worker: What do you expect to gain by saying that? If you make a fuss, your problems just get bigger.
Woman: What happened?
Man: They say that guy molested a child.
Ludger: Gr...!
Ludger: !

-L1: (Board the train)
-R1: (Run away)

(You board it either way.)

Elle: Pa...pa...
Elle: Uhh...uh....

-L1: (Stand and fight) (Elle +)
-R1: (Surrender)

L1 Route:
Ludger: Ah!
Terrorist: Is he an agent?
Terrorist: It's over!
Elle: Use these!

(battle)

Elle: I'm fine... just fine.
Elle: Kyaa!
Jude: Huh?
Bisley: Impressive, Dr. Mathis. That was Liese Maxia-style martial arts, right? That's something I'd like to teach my company's guards.
Bisley: However, they won't be able to learn spirit artes like those of you from Liese Maxia.
Jude: It's a good thing we are were in the same car.
Bisley: This guy is quite strong as well.
Bisley: I am a representative of the Clanspia Company, Bisley Karcsi Bakur.

-L1 Route: (Shake hands and introduce yourself) (Bisley +)
-R1 Route: (Do not shake hands and remain silent)

L1 Route:
Bisley: Ludger Will Kresnik... are you related to Julius?
Jude: Kresnik!
Secretary: He is in our company's database. Ludger-sama is Division Manager Julius's younger brother.
Secretary: ...Although, it seems they have different mothers.
Bisley: Is that so? Well then, any relative of Julius's is like part of my own family.
Ludger: ...
Elle: Uwa!
Bisley: It seems Ark Noah has begun.
Jude: Ark Noah!
Secretary: They are a terrorist group that opposes peace between Liese Maxia and Elenpios.
Bisley: They are targeting my company since we are supporting peaceful cooperation with Liese Maxia.
Bisley: They're probably planning to crash this train into Askord.
Elle: That's terrible!

-L1: I'll stop the train! (Elle +)
-R1: If I stop the train, will you hire me...? (Bisley +)

L1 Route:
Elle: You can really do that? For sure? How?
Jude: If we can take control of the front control car then...
Bisley: You're determined? ...This will be interesting.
Jude: I'll go too.
Jude: It's my responsibility too.
Bisley: As expected of you.
Jude: My name is Jude Mathis. Nice to meet you, Ludger.
Jude: Let's hurry!

==========================

Jude: Ludger, do you not have an arrowsal orb by chance?
Ludger: ...
Jude: I have a spare with me. Take it.
Jude: You probably know this already, but arrowsal orbs are a replacement for the outdated lilial orbs.
Jude: With this, you can link in battle. Linking is...
Jude: Looks like we have no choice but to try it out in real combat.

==========================

Jude: Oh right. I should explain how the growth function works with arrowsal orbs.
Jude: It's a similar power to that which existed in the lilial orbs, but it's actually quite different.
Ludger: ?
Jude: The large amount of mana that was released when the Shell was destroyed caused the lilial orbs to stop functioning.
Jude: Now, a mana absorbing "Gin" device called an absorber can supply elemental energies.
Jude: This led to the revival of linking and growth abilities, resulting in the arrowsal orb.
Jude: Sorry, that was a little long-winded. Anyhow, why don't you try using it?

==========================

Secretary: Shall I call for the alternate timeline counter-measure squad?
Bisley: Yes. It will be an excellent opportunity to test their abilities.
Elle: Papa's watch is gone!
Bisley: Young miss, moving about is dangerous.
Elle: I don't care if it's dangerous, that watch is precious to me!
Elle: It's my charm that will take me to the Land of Canaan!
Bisley: Well, this certainly is getting interesting.

==========================

Jude: Just up there is the operator's room I think.
Jude: I'll go first. Can I count on you to back me up, Ludger?
Jude: Don't worry, I'm used to this sort of thing.
Jude: Though my real profession is a medical researcher.

==========================

Jude: This is!?
Julius: Ludger, why are you here...?

-L1: Julius, why are YOU here!?
-R1: What... was that just now?

L1 Route:
Julius: This is work...
Bisley: Haha, I have such a wonderful subordinate.
Bisley: Just as expected of Crown Agent Julius. You work quick.
Julius: Please stop with the jokes, president.
Bisley: To think that you had such an excellent younger brother.
Bisley: You certainly have protected him well. Such a kind older brother.
Julius: ...Of course!
Bisley: Are you sure you want to do this in front of your younger brother?
Julius: Gr...
Elle: That watch!
Elle: Wha!?
Julius: !
Bisley: !
Jude: Look out!

-L1: (Protect Elle) (Elle +)
-R1: (Protect Bisley) (Bisley +)

L1 Route:
Elle: A..ah...
Terrorist: We won't allow it! We won't allow there to be peace with Liese Maxia!
Julius: No...!
Elle: Wha...what?
Ludger: Gahhhhhh...!
Jude: What was that just now...?
Jude: Umm...
Elle: I'm Elle.
Elle: Elle Mel Mata.
Jude: There's nothing to worry about, Elle.
Elle: There is too something to worry about!
Elle: That person and the watch both became weird.
Ludger: ...
Jude: I seem to attract strange and mysterious things. Things like the four great spirits and the master
of all the spirits.
Elle: They're here again!
Nova: President Verand, this way.
Verand: Well done, Nova-kun. All the guards should look up to.
Jude: Those words.
Nova: Ludger! What are you doing here?
Elle: Your friend?
Nova: Classmates.

-L1: Anyway, we have to stop this train.
-R1: Let's look for Julius. (Julius +)

R1 Route:
Elle: Search? For the guy in glasses from before?
Jude: He seems to know what's going on.
Elle: Elle is coming too.
Jude: No, it's too dangerous.
Elle: Elle has to go to the Land of Canaan on this train no matter what.
Jude: The Land of Canaan? From the legend?
Elle: You know of it? Do you know where it is?
Jude: Well, I've only read about it in ancient texts...
Elle: Ancient texts, huh....
Jude: Alright, you can come with us, but if a fight breaks out...
Elle: I'm good at hiding!

==========================

Julius: Don't come any closer!
Julius: Just leave everything to me...

-L1: Tell me what's going on!
-R1: ...Alright.

L1 Route:
Julius: You don't need to know.
Julius: Didn't I tell...
Ludger: !?
Julius: ...You don't need to know!?
Jude: Ludger!
Jude: Ugh!

(boss battle)

Nova: Ah... What is going on?
Verand: This guy...
Verand: ...He killed my employees!
Verand: Hey! Hurry up and kill him already!

-L1: I can't kill Julius! (Julius +)
-R1: (Kill Julius)

L1 Route:
Verand: You're going to cover for this monster!?
Julius: You are... too kind...
Julius: That's why...!
Nova: ...!*
Elle: Ah...Ahh...
Julius: I told you not to come closer.
Elle: Yaaaaa!!!
Jude: It won't stop! The breaks are broken!
Elle: What's happening?
All: Ahhhhhh!!!

*Wow they really turned up the violence in this Tales game lol.

Chapter Index | Next Chapter | Skits

2 comments:

  1. Nice to meet you. My name is donguri990.
    and I will upload play videos of TOX2 translated in English.

    But I am Japanese and my English is awkward:(
    So, may I refer to your good translation?
    Of course, I will introduce your credits in description as long as you accept.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh goodness !!!! You're really kind to translate it to English ! I'm waiting for the next chapter ! (>w<)

      Delete