Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Tales of Xillia 2 - Elise Episode 1 English Translation

Chapter Index | Skits

Elise Episode 1 – Elise's Friend

Kid: Walking with Varnish sure is fun!*
Mother: You really love that stuffed animal, don't you?
Kid: Yes! I love Varnish!
Kid: But Mama, how did you buy it? Papa said it was sold out everywhere.
Mother: Hehehe, I secretly entered a drawing and won…
Mother: No, Varnish came because you're such a good child.
Kid: Ohh, Varnish likes good children like me, doesn't he!?
Rowen: Ohh, that must be the Varnish toy I've heard about.
Elise: It's the most popular stuffed animal in Liese Maxia and Elenpios right now.
Elise: But now it's became too popular and no one has it in stock.
Elise: Varnish sure is cute.
Elle: Is he? I wouldn't want anything like that.
Elise: Elle doesn't like stuffed animals?
Elle: Elle isn't that kind of child!
Elle: Anyhow, I can't buy  it… since I have no money…
Elise: You don't have to worry!
Elise: If you're a good kid, Varnish will surely come to you.
Elle: How?
Elise: That's a secret.
Elise: But it will happen for sure.
Elle: I… I don't believe in that sort of thing though!
Elle: …Elle is a relatively good kid, so you can tell him to come at anytime.
Elise: Um, Ludger.
Elise: Will you help me search for Varnish?

-L1: Sure. (Elise +)
-R1: Does Elise want one too?

L1 Route:
Elise: I'm so glad. Although I've heard finding Varnish is difficult even for an agent.
Elise: But if Ludger is helping, I'm sure we'll find him somehow.
Rowen: You're planning to give one to Elle-san as a present, yes?
Elise: …Yes.
Tipo: I'm sure that'll make her happy.
Elise: Ah! It's from Luna!
Rowen: A friend from your school?
Elise: Luna is a girl from Elenpios.
Tipo: That's not her real name though.**
Elise: Have you heard of something called a pen pal?***
Rowen:  That's a friend with whom you only exchange messages… right?****
Elise: We actually became friends after she accidentally texted my number one time.
Elise: She knows lots of things, so I talk to her and ask her advice a lot.
Rowen: You seem to have made a wonderful friend.*****
Elise: Yes. She's very mature, just like an older sister.
Elise: That's why, I also…
Tipo: …want to become like an older sister to Elle, just like Luna is to me.
Elise: I was always alone until I met everyone a year ago.
Elise: My mother and father were both gone… I was so lonely… I really just wanted a family.
Elise: I'm sure Elle is feeling the same way right now.
Rowen: Haha, Elise-san is already acting just like an older sister.
Rowen: You and Elle-san are already just like sisters.

-L1: I agree. I think Elle feels the same way. (Elise +)
-R1: Elise and Elle, your names are very similar.

L1 Route:
Elise: If that's really true, it would be wonderful, but…
Tipo: Oh, Elise is so mature~
Elise: If you learn anything about Varnish, please let me know.
Tipo: We're counting on you, Ludger!

*The kid said "varnish" or "burnish" in katakana, which I guess is the name of the stuffed animal. Yeah… it's weird, but keep  in mind the people who wrote this don't know English.
**It's a pen name she uses to sign her texts, since the two have never met in person.
***I know "pen pal" implies written letters, but in this case she's referring to an e-mail/text pen pal.
****Again, I know "letters" would sound more natural, but in this case they're exchanging text messages, not letters.
*****Actually, it's kind of creepy in my opinion, haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment