Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Full of ughs

Forgot to post again yesterday. I'm getting worse with this. Anyway, yesterday was the first day of class in a while. I had my speaking and grammar class. In speaking we somehow got on the topic of Obama's Nobel prize. Unfortunately, I was sitting in the front row (assigned seats ugh) and I'm the only American in that class (the others are in another period). So of course she did exactly what I hoped she wouldn't do, and asked me to explain why he got the award since I'm American. I didn't really know how to explain in Japanese, but I stumbled through it somehow.

Grammar was excessively boring. My friend and I started writing notes to each other near the end to try and stay awake. After class I went to Tsukuba Center to buy some food and go to the post office to get my package. Unfortunately they apparently keep trying to deliver you package for 3 days or so in a row. Or something like that. I wasn't quite sure what the guy was saying to me (although I just nodded and pretended that I did), but I was able to understand that is was currently out for deliver still. Then I remembered my phone had rung again this morning, and I had once again been too lazy to answer. I resigned myself to answering the phone the next day, but a few hours after I got home, around 8:30, the postman called and came and delivered it. Yay. Talking on the phone is so scary though.

Today I had kanji class and reading. Kanji class was dull, and reading was as ridiculous as always. It's supposed to be reading class, but so far I've only managed to read 2 pages of the book we're working on. I feel like if she would just give us something slightly easier, just slightly, then we might actually be able to improve our reading, and not just our punching an overwhelming number of words we don't know into the dictionary skills. It's like giving an elementary school kid and adult book and telling them to read it. The difficulty curve is far too high for much learning to be accomplished. Ugh.

I have class at 10 tomorrow, because we have to make up the kanji class that was canceled last week. Ugh, waking up early.

3 comments:

  1. "Ugh, waking up early. " me too, exactly.

    although this morning i woke up to mmbop playing on the radio, and got really happy. and then i realized its 2009 and i'm 20. but it still got me moving.

    lol i hate talking on the phone in general.

    sorry though that things are idk, dragging you down, sorta? i guess is the way to phrase it? sorry that things are making you say "ugh" a lot. hope you can start saying yay again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. someone is posting less and less....

    ReplyDelete
  3. And getting on Gmail less and less too! :( Hope today was less "ugh"y.

    ReplyDelete