Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Change is good (?)

Believe it or not, the lack of posts lately has not been from laziness. It's not so much a lack of will to write, but rather a lack of stuff to write about. I'm sure everyone else who goes abroad and keeps a blog has encountered the same problem. The initial first few weeks are exciting. Everything around you is new and incredibly interesting, and you make all sorts of unique observations from the viewpoint of your home culture. Eventually that all sort of runs down, and you settle into the usual, normal, everyday routine. The exciting excursions on the weekends become fewer and farther between as soon as you overcome the initial excitement and realize your bank account is crying. So all I really have to say now in a daily post is that I woke up, went to school, ate at some point, did some homework, went to sleep, lather, rinse, repeat. I wish there were more to say, because I like writing in this blog, but for the sake of not boring everyone to tears I decided to only write once in a while, when something interesting happens, or I when have something to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment