Monday, February 11, 2013

Tales of Xillia 2 - Alvin Episode 2 English Translation

Chapter Index | Skits

Alvin Episode 2 – Business Partner

Alvin: Hey, good work last time.*

-L1: What are you planning to do this time?
-R1: Alvin, how are you feeling? (Alvin +)

R1 Route:
Alvin: I'm feeling ok I guess.
Alvin: I have to work today. I have an appointment with my partner.
Vel: This is Vel from the Alternate Timeline Counter-Measure Division. A new alternate timeline has been discovered.
Alvin: Her calls have good timing.
Vel: This is work-related.
Leia: Heh.**
Vel: I've sent you the coordinates, so please confirm that you've received them.
Vel: The entry point is Duvohl. I'm counting on  you to handle it.
Leia: You got a new mission, right?
Alvin: Did you accept it?
Leia: I wonder what kind of alternate timeline it'll be this time.  
Alvin: Hmm, well how should I put it… Perhaps I should just give in and say "I'll help out too"?
Alvin: …Of course.

*This is a ritual Japanese phrase that means "good work." Not sure if he's referring to the fighting they do in general for the story or for the work Ludger helped Alvin with in his first character episode. Probably the latter.
**I don't get why this is funny? And anyway, how did she hear what Alvin whispered a few feet away from the phone?

==========================

Jurgens: Hm? What's is it, Alvin?
Jurgens: Did you complete the delivery already?
Alvin: Ah, about that…
Alvin: There's been a change. It was no longer convenient for the other party to meet up.
Jurgens: I see. Once again, they've changed their plans quite suddenly.
Jurgens: Ah, Leia, you're here too. It's sure been a while.
Leia: Ah… I've been busy with, um, work.
Alvin: By the way, how is Isla-san doing?
Jurgens: Thankfully, she's doing quite well.
Jurgens: Our child that she's carrying is doing well too.*
Elle: A baby!?
Leia: Ah!

-L1: Congratulations.
-R1: When did this…

L1 Route:
Jurgens: Thank you.
Jurgens: I still can't believe it's really happening.
Alvin: You should stop working for today.
Alvin: I'll handle the rest.
Alvin: You should spend some time with your wife once in a while.
Jurgens: …Well then, I'm counting on you.
Alvin: Yeah.
Alvin: I wanted to do an inventory check too, could you lend me the key?
Jurgens: Ah, right.
Jurgens: Alvin.
Alvin: Hm?
Jurgens: I'm glad we're working together.
Jurgens: Thank you.

-L1: …What's wrong, Alvin? (Alvin +)
-R1: That went well.

L1 Route:
Alvin: No, nothing… I'm just thinking about the past.
Leia: …Are you ok?
Alvin: No problems here.
Alvin: …Is what I'd like to say at least, but I feel weird about tricking him.
Leia: Yeah…
Alvin: Are you worrying about me again?
Leia: Again, you're making fun of me.
Alvin: Leia, you just can't help feeling bad about it, right?
Alving: Well then… let's get to work.

*Isla is Jurgens's wife. By "carrying" I mean pregnant.

==========================

Julius: What's is it, Ludger? You're rather early.
Ludger: …Hm?
Julius: Hm, you brought home some unusual guests again.

-L1: They're friends. (Alvin +)
-R1: Unusual…?

L1 Route:
Alvin: Hello.
Leia: Sorry for intruding.
Julius: Welcome.
Julius: It seems your business is going well.
Alvin: Well, it's doing alright.
Julius: That's a pretty big deal for Little Al, who used to be such a crybaby.
Elle: Crybaby…?
Leia: Little Al?
Alvin: Ah… I don't really know where you're going with this.
Julius: …Did you forget?
Julius: Even though I helped you out and gave you advice.
Julius: You sure have gotten taller too.
Julius: In the past,  you used to be shorter than all the girls your age. Baran used to tease you about it…
Alvin: Eh?
Julius: He was a very clever even from a young age. You always used to lose when arguing with him.
Alvin: Wha…
Julius: Ah, it's time.
Julius: See you later, Alfred.
Julius: Don't teach Ludger anything bad.
Leia: Umm… What was that all about?

-L1: They know each other!?
-R1: They seem close.

R1 Route:
Alvin: No way, how could that be…
Alvin: …But then, when I was young…
Alvin: This guy that looked after me used to sing that one song…*
Elle: Eh!?
Leia: Could it be that that person was…!?
Alvin: It's possible this connection is exclusive to this world.
Alvin: He probably isn't the guy that I knew when I was younger.
Alvin: But if he was…

*He's wondering if some guy who looked after him when he was young is actually Julius, because he doesn't really remember. Alvin spent most of his life stuck in Liese Maxia. That's kind of weird though, because Julius is only one year older than Alvin. Although, maybe he means "look after," more like as in an older brother figure to play with, rather than a babysitter. Not sure what's up with this song he mentioned.

==========================

Alvin: Wow, he sure has collected a lot.
Jurgens: …What are you doing!?
Jurgens: Get out of my way!
Alvin: Calm down. What's wrong?
Jurgens: The party you were supposed to make a delivery to demanded to know why you didn't show up!
Jurgens: …Why did you lie to me? What are you thinking, Alvin!?
Alvin: This is work… Sorry.
Jurgens: …Ah.
Jurgens: You, thoughtlessly just…
Alvin: Ludger!
Jurgens: Stop!
Jurgens: Why, Alvin!?
Alvin: …
Jurgens: …Traitor!!
Alvin: I…

Jurgens: Ah, so you were here.
Alvin: Yeah… What's up?
Jurgens: About before…
Jurgens: I'm sorry.
Jurgens: I said terrible things to you, saying I didn't trust you…
Alvin: Yeah…
Jurgens: I'm sure I hurt you.
Alvin: Well… I can't say that's wrong.
Alvin: But it's true that I'm not always true to my word.
Leia: Hey.
Jurgens: So you were hurt by what I said.
Jurgens: I'm sorry.
Alvin: Stop.
Alvin: …Sorry.
Jurgens: No…
Jurgens: Anyway, I just wanted to meet up to apologize.
Jurgens: Sorry if I inconvenienced you.
Leia: Alvin…
Alvin: Whenever we try to honestly talk to one another, we just end up trying to please the other person and not saying what we mean. It should be so simple…
Alvin: …How pathetic…

-L1: Cheer up, Alvin. (Alvin +)
-R1: It really is pathetic.

L1 Route:
Alvin: Ludger, you're too softhearted to say anything mean too.
Alvin: Damn, as always I just keep causing people who are younger than me to worry about me…
Alvin: Well, I'll just have to cheer up by getting some work done.
Alvin: …I'll show you that I can succeed without having to dig up those crystals.

Chapter Index | Skits 

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He hums a song? lol how have I never noticed? Do you remember a scene where he does that? I assume I might find out what Alvin means later in the game, but who knows.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. Haha he does it in THIS scene and I didn't even notice? LOL I'm so oblivious. I'll go check out the scenes you mentioned on youtube and update this post. Thanks for the help :)

      Delete
  2. Hello!

    Is the translation Projecp still in process?

    Anyway, thanks a lot for this. You help a lot of poeple and this is just fantastic to understand Tales of Xillia 2 with Japanese Audio, without waiting 1 or 2 years fort the US release.

    ReplyDelete