Sunday, April 7, 2013

Tales of Xillia 2 - Rowen Episode 2 English Translation

Chapter Index

Rowen Episode 2 – Rowen's Secret

Woman: Rowen-san, you've returned home!
Woman: Drossel-sama has been so worried. You should stop by the mansion once in a while.
Rowen: Yes. I'll do that.
Rowen: Ludger-san, I don't believe I've told you about this yet, have I?
Ludger: ?
Rowen: In the past, I worked for Drossel-sama of the Sharl family, the family that is in charge of this city.
Rowen: I was thinking of paying a visit to Drossel-sama now, actually...
Tipo: Don't forget about us!
Elise: You're going to go visit Drossel, right? I'd like to come too.
Elise: Ludger, you should come too!


-L1: Well if Rowen's going, then I think I'll come along too. (Rowen +)
-R1: I can't refuse if Elise is inviting me. (Elise +)


R1 Route:
Elise: Yeah! It'll be fun with Ludger along.
Tipo: I like this agreeable side of Ludger <3 br=""> Rowen: Hohoho, shall we be off then?
Rowen: Oh, it seems I've received a text. Please just wait a moment so I can reply.
Tipo: So fast!?
Rowen: Sorry for keeping you all waiting.


==========================


Rowen: ...Ah, that's right! I forgot one thing I needed to do.
Rowen: I apologize. You all go on ahead.
Elise: What is it?
Rowen: It's just a minor thing. I'll be back shortly.
Elle: He's gone.
Tipo: I wonder what it is, coming up so suddenly...

-L1: Let's follow him. (Rowen +)
-R1: Let's go meet with Drossel.

L1 Route:
Elle: Eh, why?
Tipo: He told us to go on ahead without him...
Elise: I agree, we should follow him. I'm interested in what's going on.
Elise: Let's hurry. He headed out towards the Kurama Side Road.


==========================


Rowen: Ludger-san... It would've been better if you'd just gone on ahead.


-L1: What in the world is going on?
-R1: Are you hurt? (Rowen +)


R1 Route:
Rowen: Nothing serious. Thank you.
Elise: These people attacked you, Rowen?
Rowen: They're part of a group of extremists who oppose peace between the two countries. They probably dislike me a great deal.
Rowen: They just attacked me, so I had to deal with them a little forcibly.*


-L1: ...That's an unpleasant role to play.
-R1: Rowen, why are you doing so much to achieve peace?


R1 Route:
Rowen: With the Shell gone now, I don't think there is a possible happy future unless we achieve peace.
Rowen: I think achieving that peace is the last role that has been assigned to me.
Rowen: I'm an old man now, so I haven't time to sit around regretting my actions. I've got to act.
Elise: Rowen...
Rowen: Ah, excuse me. Another text. 
Rowen: ...Hm. It's from Marcia-san.
Elise: Eh? From the prime minister?
Tipo: Since when were you good enough friends to start texting each other!?
Rowen: After we returned from the alternate timeline where we met her, I formally contacted her in this world.
Rowen: Since then we have periodically been exchanging texts.

-L1: What was the text about?
-R1: Rowen... you got close to her pretty fast. (Rowen +)

R1 Route:
Rowen: No, we've just been discussing Bradberry's works right now... Unexpectedly, she is quite interested in the subject.**
Tipo: What did the text say?
Rowen: I'll read it out loud if you'd like.
Marcia: We believe extremists from Elenpios are planning to go after your life.
Marcia: It's not much, but I'd like to provide you with some support. Please tell me your whereabouts…
Tipo: Rowen, you're going to be attacked again!
Elise: B, but… if help is on the way then we've no need to worry, right?
Rowen: No, help won't come. I refused her offer.
Elle: You refused!?
Tipo: Wha! Why!?
Rowen: I know she had good intentions in making that offer.
Rowen: However, there are some who would take this opportunity and turn it into a diplomatic issue. Therefore…
Rowen: I'll cut through myself.
Elle: Ah…
Elise: Eh! Already…!?
Tipo: Things are developing too fast!

(battle)

Rowen: …We somehow made it through.
Elle: I was so surprised…
Elle: Ah…
Elle: Thank you.
Rowen: It's from Prime Minister Marcia.
Tipo: Ohh, what does it say?
Marcia: I'm shocked… or rather I'd like to say that. To be honest I feared the same thing.
Marcia: Please be safe. I would like to meet and talk with you again.
Marcia: PS.  Both you and King Gaius who appointed you are very important people.
Elise: The prime minister really seems to believe in Rowen and Gaius.
Rowen: If that is true it would be nice…

-L1: Of course it's true. (Rowen +)
-R1: Don't be so down on yourself.

L1 Route:
Elle: Elle thinks so too! You've worked so hard after all.
Elise: "Make choices will benefit people everywhere." Rowen, I think you understand that very well.
Rowen: Everyone… thank you.
Rowen :Well then, shall we actually head to Drossel-sama's mansion now?
Tipo: Drossel, we're on our way~

*This line is a little vague, I'm not sure if understand it correctly. It's something like that.
**I dunno why he says "unexpectedly" since the alternate Marcia was interested in Bradberry too. Maybe he's just suprised the real Marcia is too?

==========================

Drossel: Eli! And Rowen!
Elise: We're home!
Drossel: I'm so glad to see you both doing well!
Rowen: We were in Callaha Sharl, so we thought we'd stop by.
Drossel: I'm sure your journey has been tough, Rowen. And for you as well, Ludger.
Elle: Elle and Lulu have been travelling too!
Drossel: Hehe. That's true, isn't it?
Drossel: This is perfect timing. There's something I want to do with you all.
Elise: Something you want to do?
Rowen: What could it be?
Drossel: Well, you see…
Tipo: My heart is pounding…
Drossel: A time capsule!
Everyone: A time capsule!?

-L1: Please let me join in too! (Rowen +)
-R1: A time capsule… what is that?

L1 Route:
Drossel: Oh yes, of course you can join in, Ludger.
Elle: What's a time capsule?
Drossel: You bury memorable objects and then years and years from now you dig them up. Isn't it wonderful?
Elle: Hm, that sounds fun!
Rowen: But why do you suddenly want to make a time capsule?
Drossel: It's not sudden. I've always wanted to make one.
Drossel: I want to make memories with all of you.
 Elise: Make memories… that's sounds great!
Drossel: Then it's decided! We should split up and find items we want to bury!
Tipo: I wonder what I should bury?
Elle: How about Tipo?
Tipo: What! No way!
Elle: What should Elle bury~
Drossel: Hmm, this sort of worrying together can create memories as well!
Rowen: Hohoho, that's just like milady.
Drossel: Come as soon as you've decided what you want to bury, ok?  

==========================

Drossel: Did you decide what to put in the time capsule?

-L1: Yes, I've decided.
-R1: Please give me a little more time.

L1 Route:
Drossel: Everyone's decided then! Now, put all your items in here.
Drossel: This should be good.
Rowen: Milady, how many years should we wait to dig it up?
Drossel: Hmm… Let's wait 10 years!
Elise: 10 years…
Tipo: Elise will be an adult by then!
Elle: Elle will be an adult too!
Rowen: I'll be…
Drossel: Stop, Rowen. Now you'll have no choice but to live a long life.
Drossel: No matter what happens, you have to keep your promise.
Rowen: Milady.
Drossel: That's an order.
Rowen: …Understood. I have received your order.
Drossel: Hehe, I'm looking forward to 10 years from now.
Drossel: I wonder what the world will be like then?

No comments:

Post a Comment