Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Tales of Xillia 2 - Elise Episode 2 English Translation

Chapter Index

Elise Episode 2 – A Plan to Obtain Varnish

Elise: Ludger… um…
Rowen: Elle-san, Jude-san is looking for you.
Elle: Eh? Jude is?
Rowen: Yes. Apparently they're handing out samples of this new type of cat food that Lulu-san might like.
Rowen: They're only giving out one person, so he wants you to hurry.
Elle: Oh no! We've got to hurry!
Elise: They're holding a Speed Quest Competition here today… do you know about it?
Rowen: It's a competition where the first person to complete a specific task wins, right?
Rowen: They're held here at Maxbard every so often.
Rowen: I believe there are bets placed on who will win as well.
Tipo: The prizes for the competition are incredible!
Elise: It seems that if you win you can get a Varnish!
Rowen: Ohh, that's that extremely rare stuffed animal, isn't it?
Rowen: Although if I remember correctly, I believe for a Liese Maxian to participate, someone from Elenpios has to join the team as well…
Elise: Yeah. They're worried about contestants using spirit artes to cheat…

-L1: I understand. I'll participate. (Elise +)
-R1: Don't make that face.

L1 Route:
Tipo: That's just like you! You knew just what we were asking~
Elise: Thank you so much!
Tipo: Yeah, let's do this!
Rowen: Well, if it's decided then let's give it all we've got. Let's head over and sign up.
Elise: Let's go!

==========================

Receptionist: A warm welcome to you all! Let's get you all registered without delay!
Receptionist: You'll have to complete an agent's quest and return here with your prize ticket!
Receptionist: The first one to return with their ticket wins the ultimate prize…
Receptionist: The very rare stuffed animal, Varnish, is the ultimate prize!
Elise: …
Rowen: Elise-san?
Elise: It's nothing, I was just thinking that I have to do my best for Elle…
Rowen: Don't be nervous. We're all with you after all.

==========================

Receptionist: Hey, welcome back! I see you brought the ticket with you!
Receptionist: So, I wonder what your clear time was...!?
Receptionist: Wow! The fastest time in the whole competition!
Receptionist: You all are our winners!
Elise: We did it!
Receptionist: Congrats! Here is your prize!

Elise: ...This is Varnish!?

-L1: It seems like a fake.
-R1: ...Maybe they gave us the wrong prize? (Elise +)

R1 Route:
Elise: Do you think so...?
Tipo: That must be it!
Rowen: Excuse me, is it possible that Varnish is not the ultimate prize this time?
Receptionist: The prize is Ver. Nisshe.
Receptionist: The famous Nisshe family specially created this stuffed animal... And it's name...
Receptionist: "The Special Stuffed Animal Named Version (period) Nisshe," or "Ver (period) Nisshe" for short!
Rowen: Wha!? There's a period in the name!
Tipo: You've gotta be kidding me!
Elise: I thought it was the real Varnish!
Receptionist: Impossible, impossible! Use your common sense.
Receptionist: The real Varnish's production was limited. It's almost impossible to get a hold of one now.
Receptionist: It's unfortunate, but that's the way it is. Please take good care of Ver. Nisshe.
Elise: How disappointing...
Rowen: Did you just receive a text from your friend Luna-san?
Elise: Yes. I told her about what we were doing today and it seems she was worried.
Elise: I told her we won, but that the prize was only a fake Varnish.

-L1: I'm sure there's somewhere that still has the real Varnish is stock.
-R1: But your desire to find Varnish for Elle is sincere, Elise, and that counts for something. (Elise +)

R1 Route:
Rowen: I think so too. Don't be sad.
Elise: Luna says the same thing.
Elise: She says, "I'm sure Elle will appreciate your kindness so don't give up."
Elise: "I'll search for Varnish too."
Rowen: You have a good friend in Luna.
Elise: Yes, she's probably planning to do this in return for before.
Elise: As a token of our friendship, I gave her a ringtone for her GHS.
Tipo: My voice tells them of incoming texts! Isn't that awesome~
Rowen: Ahh, then that just now was...
Rowen: This old man would love to use that notification tone too.
Elise: No, Rowen can't have it.
Elise: It's only for me and Luna.
Rowen: Wh, what...!!!
Elise: I'll keep trying my best.
Elise: If I get disheartened this easily, I'll never be good enough to be Elle's older sister!
Tipo: Elise is such an adult already, that this will be easy!
Elle: I've found you all!
Elise: Elle, did you get the cat food?
Elle: Yeah, lots of it! Lulu probably just got a little fatter.

No comments:

Post a Comment