Sunday, August 30, 2009

Blah Day #2

It rained today. That's about as interesting as my day gets. Tomorrow I actually have stuff to do and school starts Tuesday so at least I won't feel like a mindless vegetable anymore.

I woke up around 8 today, which is finally semi-normal. Then I sat in bed till 12:30 cause there's nothing to do. My life this weekend has consisted of two buildings. My room, and the other building where I go when I want food, a shower, or a normal toilet. I went through the giant mountain of paperwork today, and attempted to make sense of it all. I picked out the classes I want to attend too. Since I've resigned myself to the fact that they will be of absolutely no use to me as far as my degree requirements at OSU goes, it's rather nice to be able to pick whatever class interests me and nothing more. My choices consist of International Relations of Medieval Europe, Outline of Japanese Education, and two other classes that are sort of a broad overview of different aspects of Japanese society and the like. And of course the language classes, which will be decided after the placement test. Most of them are 5 days a week at 8:30 in the morning... >_> Apparently it doesn't matter where I go (or I'm cursed or something), it seems I will always be destined to have class everyday at ridiculous hours of the morning.

I don't like mornings...

Tori and I watched funny internet videos for about 2 hours after the paperwork nonsense (Tori is my friend from OSU that came here too by the way. I guess I never really explained that). Then we watched more DVDs after getting dinner. You know, I really like Japanese food, but honestly the thought of eating it everyday for the next year is a rather depressing one. I used to consider myself someone who could eat the same thing everyday and never get bored of it. That's a lie. I ate pasta and chicken almost everyday last year in my apartment out of cooking laziness and lack of skill and it always tasted good, and as my friends from work know I can eat turkey and cheese sandwiches endlessly. The truth is, I can eat the same thing everyday and be fine with it so long as I have a steady supply of normal bread, apples, and cereal to go with it. I miss American breakfast. The cafeteria here isn't even open for breakfast, only for a few hours for lunch and dinner. And my choices are rice, noodles, soup, and some meat. I'm already sick of it.

Tori and I were planning to actually leave our rooms and go shopping, but then it rained :( The shopping mall is about 20-30min by bike. We can take the bus, but they're evil cause we keep getting lost. There's this shop called Jusco at the mall which is like a smaller version of Walmart without the evilness. You can buy everything from home appliances and bikes to food there. It's where I bought my bike and I need to go back and buy a lot more stuff. I need to buy a denshiijisho (electronic dictionary) too. They're very useful.

I almost stepped on a cockroach in the community center today when I was leaving the bathhouse. That was rather nasty. There's too many bugs here. I can't wait till winter when they all DIE.

1 comment:

  1. "True that" about your eating habits... although you're a fabulous pasta-sauce-and-chicken cook, I was glad to go back to more varied meals when I moved home. :)

    ReplyDelete